Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Braces | Week #1 Update

My first week with braces is over. It has been a rough week, thankfully I have been super busy and I haven't had time to complain or to deal with it too much.



Let's start with the good stuff. I can already see differences! Actually I could see them after just two days! I wasn't expecting it to work so fast. Now, I have a small gap between my front teeth. When I floss, the string enters the space between my teeth like butter -- no resistance at all --  and this didn't used to happen. My teeth were completely stuck together. I have to admit, this is super impressive! 

Unfortunately,  I have way more bad comments to make. First, it is super hard to eat. I have been eating soup and baby-food all week because it is super hard to chew. My front teeth hurt if I even touch them slightly and it is impossible for me to bite. My back teeth have the rings that hold everything together and when I -- try to -- chew, the rings get pressed into my gum and it hurts a bit. Also, I keep hurting and cutting my tong in a metal thing that is stuck to the ring but on the inside -- near my tong. Over all I can say that the pain have been decreasing but it's still uncomfortable. Most of you said that with time I'll become more used to it. -- fingers crossed!

Oh and let'snot forget the mess. Food gets stuck in the brackets. All the time. And its disgusting. I have to clean my teeth right after every meal. Oh yeah, and brushing is a very complex process now. It takes me at least 10 to 15 min to have everything properly clean. I brush my teeth like I would normally do, then each individual bracket and I use an intra-dental brush to clean behind the wire. Plus floss, mouth wash and gum-gel. I know I am a bit obsessed when it comes to self-hygiene, but a I have to be sure that every single inch is clean, and that I don't have any disgusting little piece of food stuck in my mouth. I've set an appointment with my dental hygienist to see if I am doing what I'm supposed to do but it's only in January. Any tips on this subject?

I also want to thank you all for you nice works, tips and support! Thank you :)



14 comments:

  1. Com o tempo habituamo-nos a tudo. Ainda bem que andaste ocupada na primeira semana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boa sorte !!! Vais ver que é uma questão de hábito :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No dia em que pus o aparelho, o senhor meu pai decidiu fazer um churrasco.
    Com barriguinhas daquelas que custa a trincar, mas são super boas.
    É escusado dizer que passei uma semana a não comer como um ser humano normal.

    http://semprelaurinha.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh y best wishes for you
    With luck with braces!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post dear! You have a wonderful blog:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muita sorte! Vais ver que será por uma boa causa :)
    http://diaryofalittlebee.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Espero que tudo se vá tornando mais fácil. Não fazia ideia de que os resultados eram tão rápidos. Durante quanto tempo é que terás de usar aparelho?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Habituamos-nos a tudo...o tempo ajuda.boa sorte.

    ReplyDelete
  9. O primeiro mês é sempre o mais complicado mas depois tudo melhora ;) Boa sorte!
    beijinhos
    http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice !!Thanks for stopping by my blog and leave a nice comment , happy weekend!!!kiss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O que custa é o inicio.
    Boa sorte :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. crowns and implants

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment!
Follow me:
TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook