Friday, August 21, 2015

007 Die Another Day (2007) Rant !

rant (rănt): To express at length a complaint or negative opinion


Last night I felt like watching a 007 movie. I really love James Bond movies, and I always try not to be too analytical about them -- I try to enjoy the show and don't really think about the details of the plot -- but this time I got some issues. It is not the first time I have seen this movie and the story it self it is awesome-- but this time I have to rant about it! I guess I have been working so much that my brain has started to analyze everything! This is the last movie that features Pierce Brosnan and he is great as always! And Hale Barry -- omg she is awesome!

If you haven saw the movie and you don't want me to run it for you, please don't read more! I am not telling you all the movie plot but just some parts that I felt like ranting about it!



So, the movie starts with Bond pretending to be someone else and he goes to North Korea to give them diamonds in return of weapons! Rant: it should be the other way around, no?! North Korea would never sell guns!
Then is cover is blown and he ends up killing the son of the General and the other guy who I guess has something to with security -- Zao, who gets diamonds stuck in his face due to an explosion. They fall of a waterfall or something similar. Bond survives but he is captured and made prisoner for 14 months, where it looks like he is tortured every day. After the 14 months he is traded to Zao who after all survived! Rant: When they show Bond after the 14 months he doesn't look like someone that was a prisoner in North Korea -- ok he had long hair and beard  and he looked bloody and dirty but he looked very and strong! I mean, North Korea must be the hardest place to be a prisoner, they would starve him for months!

 

When back in his world, Bond sets off to track down Zao. Bond gets caught up in yet another scheme which sends him to millionaire Gustav Graves who is super famous. Bond is invited to a presentation held by Graves about a satellite found in space which can project a huge laser beam. This Gustav guy is the son of the general that went thought a gene therapy and changed his looks and doesn't look Asian any more.
 
Now, the big Rant: So the general son pretends to die, but in only 14 months he is able to undergo intensive gene therapy while he is creating this fake company. Gene therapy that changes the structure of the face, hair and eye color? Meh doesn't bother me that much.



 But the solar ray -- this kind of technology costs billions of dollars to develop -- where did he got the money? Yeah, the guy had diamonds but you need a lot of diamonds to have billions of dollars! Don't forget he had to pay for the gene therapy (which was done in Cuba with some fancy and crazy doctor -- I bet it was not cheap). Also, It takes much much more than 14-ish months to develop something like this! This just looks to far fetched! And I not going to even start on the adaptive camouflage technology on his car! When Q explains the technology, It doesn't make any sense! Also the special effects are weak -- but the movie is relatively old.


Have you ever found this type of problems with a movie? Something that bothers you so much that you can't ignore it?

Have a nice friday!




6 comments:

  1. I think movies are something you should enjoy and dont think too much about how they got there because most of the times it does not make any sense! You are just over analyzing everything :) Just dont think, stay dumb xD

    Have a nice friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ai acontece-me tantas vezes... mas eu também sou uma pessoa extremamente crítica lool xD
    beijinhos
    http://direitoporlinhastortas-id.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear! You have a nice blog, I like it:)
    Follow each other?
    Happy weekend,
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I saw a film that has that type of problems... but I usually don't pay attention at those details.
    Enjoy your friday!
    Kisses,
    Gi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ainda só vi um desses filmes, não faz muito o meu género :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nnc fui muito fã dos filmes do 007. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for you comment!
Follow me:
TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook